Initially i think id had been a little ambitious and tried to set myself the goal of creating 5 patterns for this project however i soon realised that i simply didnt have the time to produce that amount of drawing along with the amount of other things i hoped to achieve through this project.

My initial statement of intent was: For this project I intend to create five patterns, while also trying to incorporate more colour into my work. I will then make these patterns into marketable items for the home. I also intend to make a website to promote myself and my work and sell these items.
Amended:

It is my intention after graduating to set myself up as an independent designer, specialising in surface pattern design and homemade craft. For this for this project I intend to create a wider variety of patterns, while also trying to incorporate more colour into my work.
I will then make these patterns into marketable items, predominantly for the home.
I also intend to brand myself in order to present professionally, and create a website to promote myself, my work and eventually have a platform to sell these items upon.

Initial Time plan:

TP
this was my initial timeplan, though after going through it with marianne i realised i would need more time allocated for drawing and making things and less time allocated for making my website.
and so i amended my time plan to this:
TIME

though i had amended my timeplan, so many things happened that i couldn’t have anticipated, such as having to wait for a print slow, having to wait for my online prints to arrive, which meant i couldn’t commence making my items until they had arrived which held me back and so i wasnt able to keep to this plan so there was more of a mad rush towards the end than i had hoped for. Though in the time waiting for my designs to be printed i was able to move forward things like self branding and making my website.

Advertisements